This small museum can be found at No. 37, St. Dominic Street in the village core, a few metres away from the parish church. This place was built in the nineteen century and consists of a large hall with its ceiling resting on five large arches. Some people say that once it was a bakery but from within, there is nothing to indicate that it was used as such. No one knows exactly what was its use up to 1920. Between 1920 and 1935 this place was used as a playhouse. In fact on the left hand side of the entrance, part of the hall is divided by a larger arch to house the stage. On the right hand side, in addition to the seating accommodation, there is also a small balcony to house part of the audience. This Malta Railway Museum is a small private museum, which is open to the public on demand, that was opened in 1998. It shows photographs, documents and other memorabilia of the railway, in addition to models of eight segments of the line reconstructed in a ratio 1:148 by Nicholas Azzopardi between 1981 and 1985.
In 1995 the place passed in the hands of Mr Nicholas Azzopardi, who took great care of all these works left by Mr Buttigieg after his death. In 1997 some structural works took place on the left hand side of the building. The part where originally was the stage of the playhouse was divided in two levels. The lower part was converted into a garage and the upper part houses the permanent exhibition on the Malta Railway which Mr Azzopardi modelled between 1981 and 1985.
Thus, who visits this small museum can admire the crib and miniatures of old Maltese trades on the ground floor while on the first floor, there is the Malta Railway Exhibition. The Museum is now run by Nicholas Azzopardi who was born at Zebbug on the 18th October 1930 and is married to Helen Buttigieg daughter of Vincent Buttigieg.